Been off this site for awhile but decided to rejoin for 2013. Hope this time works.
I'm sure that you are a very busy woman with work, friends, family and all the great things that you do all week. To put it simply, I'm sure you are a great catch! And I'm sure that you're the one for me. There's just one teensy thing we must get to. We need to meet (and have a connection), go on dates, coordinate our lives to go on more dates, like and respect each other, and then turn that into a relationship until someone slips out the awkward 'i love you' which becomes normal when the other person replies 'i love you too'. Phew, how hard is that, eh? Like everything in life, it takes effort! So if you read this profile, and it strikes a chord, then email me.
I'm a very optimistic, non-judgemental person and see good things. I don't see things in black and white. I believe that life is about working hard and being kind. That's it. We have a limited amount of time in our life and each year, each day should be a great day. Its a beautiful day, don't let it slip away. So I am looking for someone with a similar outlook. Someone who feels that life is great.
I'm a big believer in honesty and sincerity. Like many people, I strive to lead an honest, non-hypocritical life. I've never cheated on a gf/so, and I go out of my way to follow through on what I say. I'm not perfect, but I try try try. I'll keep trying until I get it right. Learning is a big part of life. Knowing is usually a barrier that prevents learning.
I have been very fortunate in my career. I have had the opportunity to work at several major corporations running several companies and now am lucky enough to own my own business. I thought it would be less work but several years later it seems to be even more work. I'm looking for a woman that shares a good work ethic. Of course, we don't live for work, we work to live. And whether you are working in a great job, work at home, or at Starbucks, you work hard. Also, I have all the toys I need, gadgets, houses, cars, etc. and none of that stuff is really important. It took me years to chase and accumulate all that stuff, climbing the corporate ladder, only to realize that I was on the wrong building. People, friends, family matter to me, things don't. You would matter the most.
I believe in chemistry/attraction, but don't always think that translates into a good relationship. It may, or may not. I think 'hanging in there' is an important factor early on for me.
Please only contact me if you are located in the Bay Area. Hopefully you are reading this because I contacted you. In which case, this is moot. Ta da.
A few tidbits:
- I'm on the nerdy side and very curious about everything
- I'm athletic and hit the gym, play tennis alot and golf
- I have a Harley that doesn't get ridden very often
- I accumulate static electricity like no one you've ever met
- I've lived abroad and had a very interesting early life/career (over 50 countries, and used to speak a couple of languages - but can't claim that anymore).
- I was married young (after college), for a short time, no kids, and an amicable divorce
- I come from a big family (Italian/Irish)
- You like who you are
- You are kind and you show it
- You want to have kids (eh hem..with me)
- You want a husband/so who is a partner where you share life's ups and downs
- You are smart
- You are open to a relationship with someone who may not exactly fit your list (I like this one b/c I am.)
- You eat and live a healthy lifestyle
- You can laugh at yourself and at me
- You are calm, cool and collected (much of the time)
- You are strong and call me on my b.s. when needed
Yay, that's it.