By day, I am a wordsmith. By night, I'm Batman - wait, no, that's not right. I'm way too lazy to be Batman. OK, starting over. By trade, I am a wordsmith. By design, I am a natural-born 'domestic-goddess' type (side note: 'domestic goddess' is a legit term, not a red flag that I expect to be worshiped!) who values time spent with friends, family, and even the highly underrated 'me' time. I have simple dreams of managing my own home and family one day. Don't worry, though, I'm not going to run a blood test on the first date. Everyone knows that's the fifth date anyway, right before we pick out our matching Crocs and order the monogrammed LL Bean towels.
- I was once called "daft as a brush" by an Irish mam.
- I love to cook for my friends and family. You will love my cooking. Unless you don't. In which case, you're insane.
- I have recently come to terms with the realization that I am an unabashed romantic. The smallest gesture can procure the biggest smile.
- I'm a proud feminist, tree-hugging egalitarian, anti-globalization, pro-globalism, human rights champion who firmly believes that social evolution is both our greatest strength and mind-boggling weakness.
- I don't partake in mind games of any sort. I do, however, love a solid board/card games night in. Settlers of Catan, anyone? Cards Against Humanity?
- I scare easily. Curse my unrequited love for X-Files, ghost stories and The Walking Dead!
- I love venturing around, be it a picnic in a park, a stroll through a graveyard, stand-up comedy, concert, a trip to a museum, an art gallery, burlesque show, puppet show, Muppet show, whatever.
- I am excessively fond of traveling. I like digging in with the locals and getting to really know and understand them. Despite having no ancestry there, I have a profound love of and good friends in Cork, Ireland. Easily my favorite place on Earth.
- I utilize the metro here in L.A. as I do not drive - by choice! Gasp! Shock! Horror! Wonder! Befuddlement!
- My mom is a geek and raised geek children. We know no other way of life. It's in our Hobbit-lovin', Star Wars-quoting, Edward Gorey-collecting DNA. You need not be a geek, just fair warning that I am.
- Fair warning that while I love the outdoors, I am not what one would ever refer to as "sporty". Fair play if you are, but just a heads up that you won't be catching me donning skis or ever proclaiming my love for running. Give me a leisure hike with a bottle of wine as my reward, please.
What I'm looking for in a guy:
- Ideally, someone who is living his dream, or working his way toward it.
- Someone who can make me laugh.
- Someone void of deep resentment and anger issues. Leave the embittered rants to professionals like Louis C.K. and Lewis Black, please.
- Someone who appreciates and participates in romance, either with words or actions (bonus points for both!)
- Someone who has been bitten by the travel bug (though I am not afraid of traveling alone, but a companion would be nice sometimes!)
- Someone who understands how amazingly ridiculous and ridiculously amazing life is.