As I stood on the top of Mount Whitney, I reflected on my life and thought, “I still have one more mountain to climb, the mountain of love.” How can I achieve such a task? A flash of brilliance came over me. If I watched enough Bachelorette episodes coupled with Sex and the City and a touch of The Secret, maybe I could find someone that "is in it for the right reasons."
Fast forward to the day after St. Patrick's Day 2007. It was a gorgeous Sunday afternoon as only SF can provide in March. My girlfriend, at the time, and I decided to head out to Yosemite for a few days. For some reason she had not been there in the last 5 years. Shocking, I know. It worked out perfectly because I had just been laid off from a mortgage company the prior week. In a split second my Tivo jumped from the Duke basketball game to "Hi I am Rick Steves and we are travel partners once again as we explore the Best of Europe. This time we are in my favorite stretch of the entire Mediterranean Coastline, Italy's Cinque Terre." The fruity flare of Rick and his blonde toupee blowing in the Italian breeze, I will have to admit, caught my eye.
I turned to my girlfriend and said, "Bella, lei amerebbe unirmi ed assorbisce la cultura italiana domani?" The next day we were off.
Yada, yada, yada, I am now writing about this on Match.com hoping to climb that mountain once again.
Here are a few things that others would say about me or I would brag about myself:
* First thing they would say is, you are tall. I did not know that, but I have a really funny story about what a vertically challenged person told me once. Ask me about it when I see you.
* I can cook and I am not talking about easy bake oven cooking although the cakes my sister made were mouth watering. She taught me about Santa Claus and told me what duvet covers were. When I entered High School she thought I should know. Bless her.
* I like wine, even Mer-lott, but not if they have a hint of asparagus or are tighter than a Nun’s…..
* I take amazing photos. Ansel Adams grandson told me so at the Contra Costa County Fair.
* I love to travel and will obviously do it a drop of a hat. I would enjoy hearing about your travel stories. Don’t bore me with how the airport lost your luggage though.
* I need to be outdoors. Staying home on a Sunday and watching football all day is hard for me to do. On the other hand walking on the beach at sunset and opening up about my sensitive side is easy. Ahhhh!
* I have a sense of humor and if you didn’t find any of this a little amusing then you should have stopped at the mountain of love part.
On a serious note I live life to the fullest. Life is too short to worry about the small stuff. I am very close to my family. My sister is one of my best friends as you can see. My parents just had their 40th anniversary and my Grandma recently turned 93, but still feels like 75. Amazing!
Send me a line and we can take it from there. Where do you like to grab a drink, go hiking, travel to, eat dinner, etc.? What is your favorite place on Earth and why? Always smile, Ciao.