Howdy. If you are reading this, you've already scanned my pictures and somewhat approved, so thanks for that. To reward you for your excellent judgment (heh), I promise that if you keep reading, you won't be disappointed.
One of the things I've noticed during my time on Match is that 95% of the members have exactly the same profile content. "I like eating, travelling, meeting new people, going out and staying in." Uh... whoopdeedoo, who doesn't? I find this very ironic because this 4000 character space is our opportunity to expand beyond checking boxes or specifying within set categories, and yet everyone writes exactly the same thing. Guess that just proves how accurate my dating headline is. I love reading "I'm new to this online dating thing" as if someone would write "I am a SEASONED VETERAN at this online dating thing." Another classic leadoff: "I was finally convinced by my friends to join..." Please. Instead of wasting your time with generic BS like that, I'm going to tell you 10 things that will actually offer insight into who I am. Enjoy =)
1) Born and raised in NJ. Undergrad: Johns Hopkins University, Master's: The University of Michigan. Both in Mechanical Engineering. Might be an MBA somewhere in the future, but I'm doing pretty well without one, so we'll see.
2) I work out pretty much every day, unless I have a game or I'm too hung over. Top 10 Favorite Sports: Ultimate, Softball, Basketball, Badminton, Gokarting, Roller Hockey, Beach Volleyball, Football, Pool, and Snowboarding. My friend once said that I am the very essence of "sporty."
3) People that love me know that I'm: never late, genuine, brutally honest, not easily embarrassed or offended, competitive, intelligent, decisive, sarcastic and ridiculous. People that dislike me know that I'm: never late, genuine, brutally honest, not easily embarrassed or offended, competitive, intelligent, decisive, sarcastic and ridiculous.
4) I tend to say things that people usually just think in their heads, which sometimes gets me in trouble because of my brutal honesty. Example: Those jeans don't make your @$$ look fat, your @$$ makes your @$$ look fat (Com'on, that's funny). But for those of you who can't handle a stupid answer to a stupid question, I can access the situation on the fly and know when to exercise restraint.
5) I am the same person online as I am in person. I am not the type of person who acts boldly behind the anonymity of the internet, and then totally socially awkward in person. Also, if you contact me, even if it's just a simple wink, I will have the common courtesy to respond, even if it's a "not interested." I think it's very sad how jaded some people have become these days... to the point where they don't even know they are being blatantly rude.
6) I'm really good with parents (Chinese mothers always call me "shuai").
7) Websites I visit daily include CNN, ESPN, and favorite is Despair (check it before you assume I have mental issues).
8) I'm generally defaulted the "alpha male" role, but am more than willing to, and usually do, defer to my girl.
9) I'm a very aggressive driver, but I'm not rude, and certainly not as bad as some of you ;-). Part of it is because my commute is on hour, EACH WAY. I think it also stems from having grown up in Jersey. When driving to the city, if you're not aggressive, getting through the Lincoln Tunnel can take 5x longer. I'm always speeding, and I prefer passing in the right-hand lane. I design engines, so excuse me for basking in the fruits of my work. I'm not a ricer or a mechanic; don't need a master's degree to do that.
10) Yes, that boat w/ the helicopter in my pictures is mine. Ok, no it's not.
Well anyway, thanks for stopping by. Ciao.