What I do: I love to seek out fun, new experiences that challenge me both mentally and physically. I've rafted Category V rapids in Chile, swum with humpback whales in Tahiti, camped on a deserted island in Australia, and gotten lost in Crips and Bloods territory while investigating a gang murder in New York (okay, that last one was involuntary!). I can shoot a Glock, cook a mean ossobuco, utter a well-timed quip, play the djembe, weld metal, and occasionally land an Eskimo roll in a kayak. I'm multi-faceted and would hope you'd be, too.
What I believe: I believe life should be lived enthusiastically and purposefully, every day. I believe a purposeful life doesn't require adhering to an organized religion but does require putting the needs of loved ones above your own. I believe the sign of a confidant man is that he can make fun of himself and genuinely compliment others. I believe that dogs are better than cats, that books are better than movies, that the NCAA is better than the NBA, and that fruit salad should never-ever count as dessert.
What you believe:
- Living life with a positive, outgoing, intellectually-curious attitude brings contentment
- A long-term relationship with the right chemistry brings love
-Acquiring off-beat skills brings excitement
- Positive relationships with family and friends bring joy
- Outdoor activities, a healthy lifestyle, good-natured arguments, and quality food/drink bring happiness
- Excessive carbon emissions bring global warming. No seriously, Iike, significant global warming.