I recently came across a profile that gave advice/ pointers to women. I laughed out loud because I couldn't agree more with all the things that were said. Consequently, I decided to return the favor. For all the men out there, some friendly advice:
1. “Selfies” - Please don’t post a picture of yourself in the mirror while holding your cell phone. It just leads us to believe you are either that self-absorbed or you don’t have any friends to take a photo of you. Both of which are a little scary…
2. If your profile picture is of you on your first (or second) wedding day, it probably shouldn’t be.
3. If the last thing you read was the label of a liquor bottle; please spare yourself the time it takes to wink, write an email, or like a photo. The normal girls of the world won’t find that attractive and the party girls aren’t the ones you will bring home to mom anyway.
4. You have a dog/cat/horse etc. If you post more pictures of him than you, than I am going to think it is your pet’s profile I’m reading. We have all dated enough “dogs” which is why we are on here… right?
5. Smile in your profile picture. We aren’t looking to date a serial killer and going through photos, that look like mug shots, will lead us to believe we are a part of a serious investigation and not a “fun” dating site.
6. Watch your spelling/ grammar when you’re communicating. (Actual email): “Yo, just thought i hit you up…. What u gettin in too this wekend….?” I’m sorry what? Refer to no.3 – the normal girls of the world won’t find that attractive and the party girls (who might talk like that too) aren’t the ones you will bring home to mom anyways. English was not my major, but I can re-read what I type and hit spell check. :-)
I believe that in order to find Mr. or Mrs. Right, you have to be a well-rounded half before you make a seamless whole. I’m not perfect and to be honest, I like that about myself. I don’t wear heels everyday but I love to dress up. I throw my hair into a pony often but never 7 days a week. I can’t tell you the difference between Iraq and Iran but I’m an intelligent person who loves to read, write and learn new things. I’m humble and honest but I will stand my ground. I hope no one can ever categorize me or put me in a box or social mold because the second you can, I have clearly stopped evolving.
My friends would say I am witty, smart, fun. They would say that I am a family girl. My family, both immediate and extended, is the reasons I am who I am today. My friends would say I love surprises/ adventures and when I order food at a new restaurant, I always ask for a recommendation because I want to try something new.
In a man, I am looking for someone that makes me laugh and doesn’t take life too seriously. It is important to me that he can hold his own conversations in social situations where he doesn’t know anyone. There are very few MEN in our generation but I like to believe that chivalry does still exist although societal standard lends itself to differ. I hope to find someone that loves to travel as much as I do. I hope to find someone that loves his family as much as I do and whose friends are highly important too (Girls nights, guys nights, and date nights are crucial to a successful relationship). Most importantly, I hope to find a man that is honest, communicates openly, funny, challenging, intelligent, likes sports, can put an outfit together without looking like an idiot, loves life, is a man of God and wants to grow endlessly. I want to be with someone where we make one another a better person. :)