Well, it seems my good looks have caught your eye! Good to see! Hopefully reading my profile will entice you some more!
Here are some things you may find interesting about me:
1. I haven't had a caffeinated drink in 15 years, and I think coffee is disgusting. I don't need coffee to start my day...just a shower, breakfast, and a glass of water or soy chocolate milk.
2. I have many friends who are musically talented and play in bands, so if you're ever looking for good live music, I'm your huckleberry!
3. I took swing dance lessons in college, and I still have some of those skills in the ol' dancing repertoire...
4. I have performed at Acme Comedy Company several times at Open Mic Night. I love making people laugh (I've been told I'm pretty good at it!).
5. I take my responsibilities as a teacher very seriously. I'm in my thirteenth year as a teacher, but I'm constantly looking for new ways to become better at my craft so that I can provide my students the best possible learning experience. I have put myself in a position where the powers-that-be within the district know who I am and respect what I bring to the table. I presented at the state alternative education conference and was told I did an excellent job of bringing forth new ideas to the world of education. In my classroom we work hard, but we play hard, too. Most importantly, though, I truly feel like there's learning going on, and some days I feel like I'm truly making a difference...other days, I wish using a cattle prod on my students was legal.
6. People complain that baseball moves too slowly, but when you think about it, maybe you're just moving too fast to enjoy life...
7. There is a Pearl Jam song for every situation in life.
8. I love cooking for other people. I wouldn't say I'm an amazing cook (my dad, on the other hand, is a culinary phenom!), but I'm pretty good at preparing a tasty, healthy meal. But if there's strawberry cheesecake on the menu, I'm frickin' ordering it!
9. I am Team Peeta. Peeta loves Katniss as much as Gale hates the Capitol. See my point?
10. Fitness is important to me. I have my ACSM personal training certification and I'm studying to get re-certified for the next three years. I love doing 5Ks and 10Ks (but I refuse to run longer than an hour...BORING!). I've done the Warrior Dash twice, and I also ran the Run for Your Life Zombie 5K Dash. Have you seen this?! It is so awesome! Zombies chase you around a 5K obstacle course! Hilarious! I also play on co-ed softball and football teams. An active life is a healthy, happy life.
11. My mom and I went on a baseball bus tour last summer of the East Coast and hit nine stadiums plus the Hall of Fame...this summer we are hitting the West Coast!
12. Question: At the end of the movie Inception, do you think the top continues spinning and it's all still a dream? Or, do you think he finally gets to go back home? I call this the Inception Litmus Test...
13. I am addicted to HGTV. Fresh, new, and creative ideas keep life interesting, and I'm always impressed by people who have that kind of creative vision.
14. I am a morning person. I do my best thinking in the morning and I am way more productive in the morning. I like being able to start my day off knowing I've accomplished something purposeful right off the bat.
15. Lake Calhoun is to me what the Indus River is to the Hindu people...every time I walk/run/bike around Lake Calhoun or Lake of the Isles, I feel a sense of serenity and I feel at peace with myself. I guess it's a spiritual place for me, so I spent a lot of time there last summer...so much so, in fact, that I decided to buy a condo right across the street from Lake Calhoun!