I'm about to embark on an around the world surf sabbatical beginning November 1st. If you have any "must see", "can't miss" suggestions, please send them my way. I like off-the-beaten path, hole-in-the-wall type of places where I can meet locals and get to experience their culture.
The women I have dated and enjoy the most have been extremely unique. I have been fortunate to date and be friends with women who have an exotic flare and engage in some form of artistic expression. Whether it be drawing, painting, music, writing or a sport...it's so relaxing, yet invigorating, to be graced with her presence and watch the creative juices flow. "Elegant", her smile lights up a room, she certainly owns a room, but she possesses this attitude of gratitude. Oh, and how could I forget, she wants to be married to one person, me, for a lifetime and have a couple of cool kids that will be smarter and better than all the other kids, at least in our minds anyway. Ha!
As for me, I have a very thirsty mind so you will generally find me in exploratory mode: reading, exploring local museums, theatre, traveling the coast in search of the elusive perfect wave, and, to soothe the wine-o in me, visiting vineyards within striking distance.
My unique talent in life is - drum roll please - I have the best bed head / surf head, whatever you want to call it, you have ever laid eyes upon. Do you want Flock of Seagulls? I can give you that look in the morning. If FOS isn't your thing, then maybe the latest in "fauxhawk" after a good surf might appeal to you. No gel required, I might add.
What else can I tell you?
- I lived in San Francisco for 20-years so great food and wine always top-of-mind
- I enjoy healthy debate and multiple topics of conversation open on the table at the same time.
- I have patented "napping" techniques.
- I love dessert, especially where a strawberry is involved.
- I come from a huge family, so the silly season (Christmas) is a must see. Yes, I'm the guy with the grumpy old Uncle (can't remember his name) living in the attic that no one ever sees.
- On the education front, I earned a master's degree in communications and my thesis has been published, so we’ll have some smart, athletic kids. Your wisdom, sassy attitude, classy ways and elegance should set the table perfectly.
- Favorite books: The Lone Samurai, Too Kill A Mockingbird and Old Man And The Sea. I like the classics, biographies and spiritual reading.
- Favorite play: Romeo And Juliet; Favorite opera: Don Giovanni; Favorite ballet (yes, I went to the ballet): San Francisco Ballet; Favorite musical: Rag Time. I very much appreciate good music and always look forward to attending the symphony and any of the local concert venues.