It’s been about six weeks since I joined this site, and I continue to get a lot of feedback on my top 10 lists. With some of my recent experiences and conversations at heart, I think it’s a good time to update it. For those of you visiting my profile for the first time, these are obviously new to you. I also hope that those who may be revisiting appreciate the fresh “material.” Either way, they are intended to be fun, but definitely reflect much of the attitudes and perceptions, expressed or implied, that I think we all tend to run into here.
Same Set up as before:
I think a fun way to filter the complicated world of searching is to look at simple things that offer tell-tale signs of compatibility. With this in mind, here are 20 little things that can help reveal larger attitudes toward life and love:
We COULD BE a good match, if...
1. You believe we live in a great country, yet one which could aspire to be even better.
2. Guitar also comes to mind when you hear the term “G String.”
3. Your heart gets too heavy when you see a homeless person, as does you spare change.
4. Black and white is the only way you think they should film the “Fifty Shades of Grey” movie.
5. You appreciate why humans evolved with incisor teeth.
6. Filtered tap water is a perfectly fine alternative to bottled.
7. You know that people make cars, not the other way around.
8. It’s ok to turn off a light when you leave a room, even if you’re coming right back.
9. You avoid food with names that need a spell check.
10. You think that shows like American Idol beget idle Americans.
We MAY NOT BE a good match, if...
1. 30 is the perfect age for your kids to leave home for the first time.
2. You’re almost positive that Mel Gibson wrote the screenplay for “Hamlet.”
3. A village in Mali can be fed with what you pay for your jeans.
4. You’re proud that you can conjugate iPad... youPad... hePad.
5. Your plans to meet for our first date involve flight reservations.
6. Safe, courteous driving is an inconvenient waste of your time.
7. A relative, friend, your horoscope or an appliance tells you to write to me.
8. Match.com is just a lily pad to float me to your other marketing enterprise.
9. You’re among the estimated 32% of dating site subscribers who lie about their age.*
10. You didn’t read this far.
*From “Outliers”, which argues that the online dating site age bell curve defies actual demographics.
If you think we're a match, write to me. Thanks for taking time to view my Profile.