I am very driven and intense in my professional life, but in real life I am easy going and casual. I have no tolerance for drama because life is too short. I have a teenage daughter who lives with me and is my top priority. I am a fan of college football and basketball (particularly Purdue) as well as Atlanta Braves baseball. I travel a lot for my job but would like to see more of the world. I am not a good cook but would love to learn. I embrace my imperfections and strive to be a better person every day.
I discovered running at age 42 and recently ran (and finished!) the Chicago Marathon. Now I'm looking for my next challenge :)
I am open to new experiences and want to meet someone who wants to try new things as well. I would like to meet someone who is honest and kind - especially kind. The true measure of a person is how we treat those who need us. Someone who can relax and change direction on a whim without batting an eye. I have learned that a must have for me is a healthy mutual respect in any relationship - I will not settle for less. I am not looking for a father to my daughter - she has a great dad. I am not looking for a husband for myself - too much pressure. I would just like to find someone with whom to spend time without lofty expectations from the first meeting. I'm open to whatever happens next.
A few observations since I joined Match.
1. Apparently some people take the desired age range as merely a suggestion. My dad is 65 - I have no desire to date someone only slightly younger than him. By the same token, I have no desire to date someone much younger than myself.
2. Why do so many of the men on this site have a picture of themselves in the car? That seems dangerous and, quite frankly, a little strange. No offense - just an observation.
3. Although snuggling/cuddling can be nice with the right person, I am not sure I would consider it a hobby.
4. I'm thinking that it might be a red flag when a man emails me to ask about a friend in one of my pics - seriously??
5. Seems we were not all taught by our parents that if you don't have something nice to say you shouldn't say anything at all.
6. If any of your pictures include you holding a weapon with or without a dead animal, we likely will not be a good match.