So I moved from south Florida to Mobile in March for my job. I'm originally from Texas and am happy to be back on the Gulf Coast. As a marine biologist, you might quickly figure out what brought me here.
If I had to make a list of my qualities it would probably look like this:
- laid back but active (I discovered Crossfit a couple of years ago and definitely drank the Kool-Aid)
- low maintenance
- loves the outdoors, being on the water, and always looking for the next big adventure
- animal lover (not sure that I want/need kids at this point in my life, but I do love my furry child)
- has the patience of a saint (I have to agree with this one)
- likes a good book (when I force myself to sit down long enough to enjoy it)
- firm believer in the golden rule (not necessarily tied to any particular religion)
- humorous (although not sure that everyone gets my humor, especially in a typed format...but you can't have everything right?)
As you can probably tell, I'm a list maker. I also have a list of the Top 5 things to do before I turn the big 40:
1. Climb Kilimanjaro
2. Catch (and release!) a blue marlin
3. Dive Indonesia/Bali
4. Complete the mega-transect (25 mile adventure race) - ok, so my friends did this last year and said it totally sucked...so scratch this one! Did the Warrior Dash and signed up for the Tough Mudder instead :) UPDATE: check! Ran this in Dec 2011.
5. Get a tattoo (there is a story behind this...not just a whimsical thought)