I hate writing in paragraphs because I have to do it all the time, so I am going to fill this out in bullet form. Here are some fun facts about me:
- I make the best sad face that gets me out of almost anything.
- I sleep without a pillow.
- I can't listen to music in the morning or I will dance instead of getting ready.
- I make faces and hum when I am uncomfortable or bored.
- I can have a really dirty sense of humor.
- I watch "Sunday Morning" every Sunday during my run.
- I am an early to bed, early to rise kind of person, but I will make exceptions for fun.
- I drink my coffee black and my beer dark. I judge people a little bit if they don't appreciate good beer and coffee, not a lot, but a little.
- I am a grammar nut. I even use proper punctuation in text messages.
- My New Year's resolution this year is to read 200 pages a week for fun. I have the 200 pages covered every week but the "for fun" piece is killing me.
- I love to tell stories. Example:
A couple of days ago I was out for happy hour with some friends who are new to the area. I was telling them about an adjacent city that was developed specifically for the purpose of having bars and selling liquor because Greeley was a dry city. However, I could not remember said city for the life of me. A man a few seats down asked, "Are you talking about Garden City?" "Yes!" I exclaimed. He then proceeded to tell us he was the mayor of Garden City and told us the whole history of the town. He then offered to give us a tour of the city's town hall. We thought he was lying because he was a young, tipsy fellow wearing a corduroy jacket but agreed to go nevertheless. We met him at the dive bar he claimed he owned first for a beer and proceeded to town hall. We were standing outside letting the mayor finish his cigarette when the local sheriff pulled up. They greeted each other and the sheriff let us in for a tour at 9:00 pm on a Thursday like it was no big deal. We got a tour from the mayor and the sheriff, including the basement where we took pictures with spare street signs and the mayor gave us complementary tote bags because they were out of hats. Things like this happen to me a lot.
I am looking for someone who:
- Is intelligent and open minded. A love of learning is important to me.
- Has a great sense of humor. I don't care if it's physical comedy, dry wit, or sarcasm. I need to laugh.
- Is passionate about something. I want to hear all about it.
- Has his business together. I am pretty settled at this point and know who I am and where I'm going and would like someone at that same stage in life.