The only thing missing in my life is a romantic partner to share it with. I have great friends, a great home, and a terrific job. I am active and involved in my community. I've recently started running and am regularly run/walking 3-5 miles before work each morning. I'm beginning to love how quiet it is at 5:30am... me, the dog, the stars, and the still, cool, morning air. I love to cook and try new foods. I like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain, but prefer single-malt scotch, an occasional stogie, and fun road trips. I hate writing narratives about myself. I always want to begin with, "I was born a poor black child." I throw a mean dinner party. I prefer messing around at home, or a low-key evening with friends, to hanging out in bars. I love my truck. This stream of consciousness narrative may not be working so well for me. I'll edit later, but this is a start.
Four other things you should know about me:
1. I've done a lot of renovations to my house. One of those includes turning my garage into somewhat of a man cave, complete with a mini beer 'fridge. Yep, you read that right.
2. I hate to shop. I have *never* dragged a significant other to the mall!
3. I have not read the Twilight saga, nor seen the movies, nor do I plan on doing either.
4. I can bait my own hook and even clean fish (if I absolutely have to).
5. I can be out of bed and out of the house in 15 minutes.
I'm looking for a partner, NOT a project. I want to find a man who is as comfortable at a black-tie event as he is in a john boat. I like a man who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. I'm looking for someone who is kind, confident, self-sufficient, smart, and sociable. Someone who is willing to explore new things and go on new adventures, but appreciates stability at home.