I am NOT in a rush. I am truly convinced the best/right relationship is worth the wait. I enjoy meeting new men, but will not play mindless games as I am navigating this journey of finding 'the one'.
For me, the end goal is to find a man who is passionate about life!! A man who wants his/our life to count; knowing that what we do affects eternity.
Important, Miscellaneous, and sometimes silly stuff about me...
1. I am a special education elementary school teacher. (EBD)
2. I was a Jr. High youth pastor for 15 years and I learned to play hard and a lot!
3. I miss being on 'just for fun' co-ed softball or basketball teams...
4. I love watching sports, but Football is my favourite sport to watch. I personally believe football is God's favorite sport, and the Dallas Cowboys His favorite team, after all, 'God Blessed Texas'!! ;-)
5. I work out at our local gym almost every day after work. It started out as a means to deal with a stressful job... now it's a bit of an obsession.
6. I have two athletic goals: One is to accomplish The Danskin triathlon this summer, and the other is to conquer the STP bike ride.
7. I am Japanese, Scottish, Spanish, Jewish, and Italian. Quite the mix... but you never have those options when creating your profile. ;-)
It may seem like an oxymoron, but my idea of a perfect weekend would be...
1. Get in a tough workout... Come back home, relax with a group of girlfriends...watch a chick flick, and do some 'girl pampering'
- OR -
2. Go on a double date with my girl friends and their husbands... This would be a combination of great food, great conversation, great laughs, and great connection!
Silly I know... but hey... doing life with my friends makes me happy...
I love having fun, playing hard, and caring about the people I have the privilege of doing life with. Most of all, I treasure my friends! I know that without them my life would be poorer.
I love music!! I play acoustic and bass guitar. I would love to be in a chick band. In the past I have played mostly on my church worship team, or youth group events. I love pretty much all music, but worship moves me.
I love movies! I have a pretty big list, but I will name a few: Lord of the Rings, 13 Going on 30, Black Hawk Down, Schindler’s List, Passion of the Christ, Indiana Jones, Star Wars; I love war movies, mafia movies, action adventure, romantic comedy... the list goes on and on...I will sit through a whole movie even if I know it will stink just because I have to see how it ends...
I spent 15 years as a youth pastor. While I am still very committed, I would have to say I am quite disappointed with organized religion. My faith is absolutely paramount in my life. But I would have to admit, I have more questions than answers and I feel o.k. about that. What I DO know, is that at the end of the day - I really just want my life to be about loving God, and loving people.
I have a real passion to see people discover their destiny, and I'm most fulfilled when encouraging and building up others. I think I was created to be a 'cheer-leader' of people. I love being a part of something bigger than me.
I'm very excited about life and starting a new career... this is just a great time in life for me.