hullo! i am a curious foreigner who made it to la-la land via new york city, texas, north africa and a very old boarding school. i admire and enjoy the little things in life far far more than the big things. and, i would like to find m'lady, 'lready.
i'm a very adaptable and self-sufficient sort of chap. my life has had its ups and its downs, and its in-betweens, just like everyone else's. throughout it all, i've remained an eternal optimist. i don't carry baggage around, nor do i wear it on my sleeve. i'm definitely a glass half full sort of fellow! i'm not a serial dater (rather, the opposite), i think because i'm of the mind that i'd rather be on my own than be in a relationship that just isn't right. sounds a bit harsh, perhaps, but i'm fine with it. over time you learn what works. :)
i've lived in the sahara (outskirts), a duke's manor and shithole apartments in NYC that i wouldn't even let my own mum into. right now, i live in hollywood. it reminds me of NYC, and i love it. the street parking sucks though. i'm not one of these los angeles haters (probably because i have nothing to do with the film industry, thankfully!). i love LA! coming from years of grey english rain, the weather, the mountains, the beaches, the museums, the taco stands (!!), this city is indeed a grand place to explore. i've yet to go too far afield out of town, but wouldn't mind a co-driver/co-explorer. joshua tree or camping near the airplane graveyard in mojave, anyone?
i work downtown, i'm an infrastructure engineer in the RD department of a web company.
i am also a gentleman. i am a proud and unapologetic door-opener, umbrella-holder and don't-wait-two-days-to-call-her-er.
i have simple tastes. i neither want nor need a big fancy car or a Rolex. vintage cars make me very happy. people who have found their niche in life (professional or otherwise) make me happy too. i do like to eat well though.
i like non-sequiturs. so here is a random list of things that i like:
- coffee (or tea for that matter)
- boots. i am a boot-fan. its because i lived in the desert. british army boots FTW.
- i like to aspire, try, fail, and -- sometimes -- manage to actually handle the knife-edge balance of naughty vs. nice with aplomb
- crazy creative types. wordsmiths blacksmiths painters bookmakers candlestickmakers. i am an engineer. creative/artistic types who can create amazing things with words and art and from their hands fascinate me fill me with wonder. drop me a note and say hi!
- swimming in the sea
- convertibles. i have one (an old british thing) and if its not raining, the roof is basically always down. also, that is making my hair turn blond. so don't mind a bit of a blondie.
- the word, "gamine"
- hiking in the mountains around LA. i love this.
- history. stories. interesting characters. i read a lot of old books.
i feel a bit funny listing out "what i want" in cold, hard terms.
so i will resort to obfuscation via alliteration:
i am seeking a: learned lively ladylike lithe likable loyal laugh-laden lissome lovely licentious lass
okay. well, if any of this nonsense sounds at all intriguing -- or -- you're a similarly optimistic, somewhat free-spirited, roadtrip-loving whip-smart funny girl... you should drop me a line.