I'm a single mom of two teenagers, who's been out of the dating game for quite a while. I'm not looking to just hook up or play games. I am interested in friendship first, and then a long-term relationship. I'm bisexual, and have been 'out' for a couple of years now.
I am pagan, and I am looking for someone who can support that. He need not be pagan himself, just be accepting without trying to proselytize.
I believe in being upfront and honest, so here are my deal breakers:
* Hitting women or children.
* Cheating. It's not acceptable, EVER. If he will cheat with you, he will cheat on you. It's just a matter of time.
* Treating wait staff, customer service workers, or cab drivers badly. This is usually a great arrogant jerk litmus test.
* Smoking. He/she must be a non-smoker or making a serious attempt to quit. I didn't quit so I could smell someone else's carcinogens.
* Drinking to excess regularly. Social drinking is fine.
* Racism or bigotry of any kind. I will not tolerate it in any form.
* Someone who doesn't treat my kids well. My kids will always be #1 to me, ALWAYS.
I realize these requirements may make me sound like an uptight, judgmental, unreasonable prude, but I don't see it that way. I've paid my dues dealing with all of the above. I know what I want and deserve, and I will never settle for anything less than that ever again. If I can't have it all, I don't want any of it. I will be perfectly happy to remain single. :)