Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I know this online dating is tricky so I am going to try and make this simple. Below are some things about me and what I am looking for. If you think we might get along, please let me know.
What I am looking for:
* I have been divorced for 6 years so I am ready for a “real” relationship. Dating for me is not the end goal, it's the means to an end. I am ready for a committed relationship with that person that I cannot keep my eyes (or hands) off of; someone I can talk to for 2 hours and it feels like 5 minutes; the person that challenges me intellectually but also supports me unconditionally and I do the same for them. We will crack each other up and laugh at the smallest things. A good wit with some sarcasm is a must! We may argue but we will fight fair and always treat each other with respect.
* I love to laugh. And I love to make people laugh. AND I can laugh at myself. I actually find myself quite amusing. My humor is pretty uninhibited - think Chelsea Handler :)
• I am a very social person. I do enjoy the occasional roller coaster or zipline but true excitement for me is meeting new people and exploring new places. I especially love a good pub…and most anywhere I can get a good Weiss Beer…or a margarita…or an apple martini…or a pinot noir…or a white Russian. HAHA.
• I am a passionate person. I work hard, play hard, love hard. Most people describe me as laid back because I don’t sweat the small stuff, but I can be very intense about things I care deeply about.
• I am a very analytical person, friends have called me “deep”. I can spend hours in discussion over a good movie or social issue.
* I recently rediscovered running and just got up to 5 miles.
• I love nature. I am inspired by nature: a shooting star, a beautiful beach, a rainstorm. I am not religious but I can be very spiritual.
• I love music. Especially live music. Going to see Sandcarvers (Irish Rock) on St Pats is one of my favorite times. Elevation (local U2 cover band) is also a blast. "Soul Meets Body" by Death Cab gives me goose bumps...
• I LOVE to travel - just planned a trip to Costa Rica…ever been?
* I love the city of Chicago and all it has to offer. Someday when my kids are grown I might consider moving there.
* I am quite liberal when it comes to social topics. My policy is "Live and Let Live". I also believe in respecting our planet and all its inhabitants - I feel really guilty if I don't recycle!
• I recently completed a 2 year home renovation and I am really proud of how it turned out. I try and keep my home neat but I am not anal about it, I can go to bed with dishes in the sink.
* I am financially sound and responsible, But I definately splurge with my bonus check.
Can't wait to hear from you! Or if I am not the one for you, good luck in your search! I do believe there is someone for everyone...