*You must live within 50 miles of the Bay Area and willing to meet even for a simple cup of coffee. I'm not looking for pen pals nor ongoing emails that lead to nothing. Let's respect each other's time and be authentic.*
I'm adventurous, easy going, down to earth, responsible, organized, neat, traveler, life long learner, open-minded, and optimistic. I’ve been interested in sustainability, environmental issues, building community, mindfulness and meaningful conversations. Not into drama or making things complicated. I love to throw dinner parties or events together. I like to be spontaneous and yet also like to be a planner at times. I'm a high school teacher but have also taught some college courses in intercultural communications, english composition and technology for teachers. Never been married, no kids. I speak 3 other languages. I'm a curvy size 18. I'm confident in my voluptuous body even though I'm working on loosing some weight so I can eventually be a healthy mom. I'm looking forward to being a parent in my 40's and have become very conscious of the food I take in.
I was born on the East coast but moved to the Bay Area when I was 6. I consider myself a native. I grew up in San Jose with my parents and 2 brothers. My undergrad and grad work was done at SFSU. My education also took me to a year in the south of France to study French, literature and theatre. I worked in Lisbon for the World's Fair in 98 and spent a year in Rio de Janeiro studying and doing research. I've backpacked thru most of Europe for 3 months. Backpacked thru Mexico and explored parts of Central America, Latin America, Eastern Europe and the USA. Last summer I explored Uganda South Africa for 3 1/2 weeks.
I admire my parents, my role models, who were happily married for close to 40 years until my father passed. They weren't stuck at the hip, but they enjoyed traveling and doing lots of other things together, including taking regular showers together into their late 50's. So yes, I'd love someone I could be affectionate with and grow old with.
I'm pretty happy with my life so being in a partnership with someone would just add to life's adventure and not something I need to feel "complete." I hope you know what I mean by this.
I'd love to find someone who is affectionate. This means you like to cuddle and kiss a lot. You are ok with holding hands in public.You can be playful and passionate. Be it in the bedroom, naked under the sheets or in a swimming pool.
- Bonus points if you like to read, travel and cook. Cooking in the kitchen is always better with two people. I'd love to be your sous chef.
- You can easily do a city's "history walking tour", check out a museum or a cultural event.
- Be employed or be able to financially take care of yourself.
- You are okay with spending a Friday evening sometimes cuddled up on the couch watching a movie or going to watch a live band perform.
- You want kids and are emotionally ready for a relationship ** People say that having a child takes a lot of energy, especially when you are older. But if you have a good diet and have resources (i.e. parents and friends) I believe the rewards of having a child outweigh the expended energy. Everything in life takes energy. Why not invest it in child that you can see as a creation of love from two people? I'm looking for a companion who does not fear a real commitment that comes with being in a partnership and having a family.
- You want to start off as friends, date and then go into something exclusive. * I'm not looking for a one night stand. * You are willing to make the time for the relationship and to make it work. Relationships, in my opinion shouldn't be difficult, but they do require lots of communication and effort to make them work. I try to live my life as drama free as possible. And I hope you do too.