I would love to think I am a simple and under-complicated person...but as I sit here and think about how to convey that, I am realizing that I am probably more on the train wreck side (OR was that just a clever opening line to get rid of the lazy guys that only read the first line anyway? wink wink). I kid, I kid. I am simple. I can get to the point quickly. But I'm dynamic as well.
So, how about this...I'll just share some random facts about me and you can see where you would fit in. If it's more than half of them...we may have a chance.
- I have a wine fridge with 1 bottle in it. I can't keep it stocked. Damn it.
- I make my bed 1 day a week, which is usually after I've washed the sheets. I like the extra 3 minutes of sleep I can get by not doing it. As Sweet Brown says, "ain't nobody got time for dat!"
- I always load the toilet paper with the lead edge on TOP and I squeeze my toothpaste from the bottom of the tube up.
- There are a few lead singers' voices that can lower my heart beat and put me into a relaxed state of mind: Samuel Beam of Iron and Wine ("breathy" = awesome), Eddie Vedder (you should know what band he was with), and Dave Matthews. Can you tell I'm a NW girl?
- I think I'm a dog racist. It's true. I just admitted that here first. My opinion: Boxers are cut from the cloths of the Dog-God. I love all the other breeds too...just loyal to the muscle laiden, wiggle butt having, smooshed face loving boxer. Damn they are cute. I'm on my third one. She's 12 years old, going on 6.
- I only go to Starbucks because of their mobile app. I get a simple quad Americano with cream every time and it only tastes the same 82% of the time.
- I can pretty much nail most of Adam Sandler's movie quotes from the early 90s.
- I played volleyball in college and I was really damn good at it (my height helps). But I never played basketball. I get asked daily (and I mean daily) how tall I am and if I played basketball. Now you can avoid both of those if we meet.
- Jameson on the rocks is a great way to my heart.
- Camping. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Everyone likes/loves camping (at least I read). More specifically, I love being up at Mt. Rainier. That place has got some serious ability to humble you and put things into perspective.
- I don't wear boxers or briefs (oh snap).
- I think Louis CK is a gift to the comedic industry. Carlos Mencia can suck it.
- I am very verstaile with many different groups of friends. I can go from a swanky, chic happy hour with some co-workers in the Pearl, to a karaoke dive bar (Chinese restaurant style - smells like noodles) to a Irish pub where everybody knows my name (Cheers!) all within a 6-hour time frame. Nothing wrong with some variety, eh?
- Boston Red Sox. Done.
In all seriousness, I'm a loyal, confident, and self-aware person. I'm old enough now and have had some long relationships that have brought a ton of clarity to me on what I'm looking to find in my main man. It's simple: be awesome, be funny, be smart, be loving, and be accepting. Everything else will fall into place. I want a best buddy, partner in crime, and well...a man that makes me feel like a woman no matter where we are. Isn't that why you're the man and I'm the woman? It is in my book.
So...if you're still reading this (I applaud your will to keep reading)...and want to grab a Jameson, let's do this. Cheers.