When posting a free profile, online singles recognize the importance of attracting potential matches with a quality headline.
"It's the first sense you have of who the person is," says Tami, 30, of Gainesville. "It's like am electronic pick-up line. And if your headline's lame, you're toast."
Singles agree that a sexy or suggestive headline even can increase the number of responses that your ad receives.
Some are direct. "I liked the headline: 'Live in my lap!'" says Natasha, 28, Amherst, Mass. "Any woman who writes something like that is going to be hard to ignore."
Others are less in your face. Like this: "FLASH, I am looking for a woman to enjoy life with, you can be The One!" Says Springfield, IL resident Reyna, 40, "I'm not sure if he means FLASH as in 'news flash' or 'Flash Gordon' or plain ol' exhibitionism, but it did get my attention."
And then there are the cute, but naughty ones like these: "JuCGaPeaches here… Holla if u like what u see!" and "Romantic meal, or a bit of fun?" Tripp, 34, of Biloxi, goes for the subtler, slightly offbeat headlines like these. "It demonstrates the mix of outrageousness and surreptitiousness that I dig."
For ideas to increase your response rate, overhaul your headline with these 20 tips:
- "Tired of going out! Need a good reason to stay home."
- "Be on time or don't come at all"
- "Have you truly been kissed?"
- "Bad boy seeks good girl"
- "I'm delicious"
- "Ready for a roll"
- "So hot I'm about to explode"
- "I might bite"
- "Just 5 minutes alone with you"
- "I do jewelry, ladies."
- "Independent girl seeking some ..."
- "10 things you never expected me to say"
- "I want to be touched… by you."
- "Take me for a test drive."
- "Make a joyful noise."
- "Try it, you'll like it'
- "Reach out and touch someone — me!"
- "Let me keep you warm this winter."
- "Love, love me do."
- "Smooth and kissable, that's me!"
Make your mother blush by updating your headline today. Or search for local singles with promising profiles!