matchMobile FAQs for BlackBerry
- What is the Match.com BlackBerry application and why should I use it?
- With the new Match.com BlackBerry application, now you can access your favorite Match.com features on your BlackBerry (some website features may not be available yet). You can search for matches in your area, wink at them and communicate with them (requires a paid subscription). You can also view your matches, your Favorites and everyone who's viewed your profile. You'll be notified immediately when other members communicate with you, and using the camera on your BlackBerry, you can also snap pictures of yourself and upload them to your profile.
- What do I need in order to start using the Match.com BlackBerry application?
- You will need a BlackBerry device with a trackball or trackpad running OS version 4.3 to 6.0. You will also need a data plan with your cellular phone provider that will allow you access to the Internet on your BlackBerry device. Additionally, you will need to ensure that you have enough memory on your device to download and use the application. To locate your OS version, go to 'Settings' > 'Options' > 'About'. If you have a supported device, you can download the Match.com BlackBerry application and start using it right away.
- What BlackBerry models do you support?
- The Match.com BlackBerry app supports the following devices with OS 4.3 to 6.0*:
BlackBerry Curve 3G
BlackBerry Pearl Flip
BlackBerry Pearl 3G
BlackBerry 8800 Series
Unfortunately, we do not support older BlackBerry devices with track-wheels nor newer OS 7 devices. If your model is not supported, you may still access Match.com by going to http://m.match.com on your BlackBerry browser.
*To locate your OS version, go to 'Settings' > 'Options' > 'About'.
- I see several security prompts each time I launch the app. The security permissions on my BlackBerry are too restrictive. What do I do?
- Due to security settings imposed by either your company (if you're using a company-issued BlackBerry) or by your carrier, you may be required to respond to multiple security permission prompts each time you start the application. Often these settings cannot be modified by you the user. In such cases, please contact your IT department or your carrier's customer support department to change the security settings to work around this issue. We are unable to change these settings for you.
If your IT department has questions about the security settings required for the app to function, they're welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I'm not in the United States or Canada; can I still use the application?
- Unfortunately, no. The Match.com BlackBerry application is only available for use in the U.S. and Canada.
- How do I download the application?
- Go to http://www.match.com on your BlackBerry browser, if your phone model is supported, and you'll be prompted to download the application.
- My BlackBerry model isn't supported. What are my options?
- Please check back soon. We are constantly updating our range of supported BlackBerry devices.
Email us with your BlackBerry model name at email@example.com to be notified when support for your model becomes available. Unfortunately, we will not support older BlackBerry devices with track-wheels. If your model is not supported, you may still access Match.com by going to http://m.match.com on your BlackBerry browser.
- I don't have a BlackBerry. What are my options?
- You may still use your existing cellular phone to access Match.com via the matchMobile service. Just go to http://m.match.com on your mobile phone browser. Please note that, in order to use matchMobile, you will need a data plan in place with your cellular phone provider that will allow you access to the Internet on your phone. Please refer to the matchMobile FAQ for more information.
- How much does it cost to use the Match.com BlackBerry application?
- The Match.com BlackBerry application is free to download and use. Most features, including the ability to wink at and search for other members, do not require a paid subscription. However, in order to communicate with other Match.com members as well as see who's viewed your profile, we require you to have a paid subscription.
- I don't have a Match.com subscription. What will it cost me to use the Match.com BlackBerry application?
- The Match.com BlackBerry application is free to download and use in most cases (see previous question). However, features that allow you to communicate with other Match.com members require a paid Match.com subscription.
- I have a base Match.com subscription. Will I need to pay extra to use the Match.com BlackBerry application?
- No, matchMobile is now free under any of the 1, 3 or 6 month Match.com subscription packages.
- I installed the application on my BlackBerry. What do I do next?
- If you have previously registered with Match.com or are a current subscriber to Match.com, you may use your existing username and password to log in to the Match.com BlackBerry application. If you are new to Match.com, you will need to register and create a new account. Once your account has been created, just log in via the Match.com BlackBerry application. To increase your chances of success on Match.com, remember to upload your pictures and complete your profile, using either the BlackBerry application or the website.
- How does the photo upload feature work?
- How does the location-search feature work?
- The location-search feature uses the GPS (or other positioning technology) on your BlackBerry to determine your location. Your exact position will never be revealed to other Match.com members. The feature uses your location to deliver matches to you that are in your immediate vicinity.
- Is privacy a concern with the location-search feature?
- I have some feedback (or a request for a feature). Who should I contact?
- Please e-mail your questions, feedback or feature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org (no support queries please). Please direct all support queries to our Customer Care.