matchMobile FAQs for Android
- What is the Match.com Android application and why should I use it?
- With the new Match.com Android application, you can access your favorite Match.com features on your Android device (some Web site features may not be available yet). You can search for matches in your area, wink at them and communicate with them (requires a paid subscription). You can also view your matches, your Favorites and everyone who's viewed your profile. You'll be notified immediately when other members communicate with you (via e-mail or text message alerts).
- What do I need in order to start using the Match.com Android application?
- You will need an Android device running OS version 4.0 or above. You will also need a data plan with your cellular phone provider that will allow you access to the Internet on your Android device. Additionally, you will need to ensure that you have enough memory on your device to download and use the application. To locate your OS version, go to Settings > About phone. If you have a supported device, you can download the Match.com Android application and start using it right away.
- What Android devices do you support?
- App version 2.7.3 supports devices running OS 2.3 and above. App version 2.8.0 supports devices running OS 4.0 and above.
To locate your OS version, go to Settings > About phone.
- I'm not in the United States or Canada; can I still use the application?
- At this time, the Match.com Android application is only available for use in the U.S. and Canada.
- How do I download the application?
- Go to http://www.match.com on your Android device if your phone model is supported, and you'll be prompted to download the application.
You can also visit the Android Market or Amazon App Store for Android and search for "Match.com" to find and download the application.
- My Android model isn't supported. What are my options?
- If your model is not supported, you may still access Match.com by going to http://www.match.com on your Android device's browser and clicking the "Continue to matchMobile" link at the bottom of the page.
- I don't have an Android device. What are my options?
- We have native applications for iPhone, BlackBerry, Palm Pre/Pixi, as well as browser-based access to Match.com supported on all cellular phones with Internet access. Visit http://www.match.com/mobile to learn more. Please note that, in order to use matchMobile, you will need a data plan in place with your cellular phone provider that will allow you access to the Internet on your phone.
- How much does it cost to use the Match.com Android application?
- The Match.com Android application is free to download and use. Most features, including the ability to wink at and search for other members, do not require a paid subscription. However, in order to communicate with other Match.com members as well as see who's viewed your profile, we require you to have a paid subscription.
- I don't have a Match.com subscription. What will it cost me to use the Match.com Android application?
- The Match.com Android application is free to download and use in most cases (see previous question). However, features that allow you to communicate with other Match.com members require a paid Match.com subscription.
- I have a Match.com subscription that I purchased on the site. Will I need to pay extra to use the Match.com Android application?
- No, matchMobile is now free under any of the 1, 3 or 6 month Match.com subscription packages.
- I installed the application on my Android. What do I do next?
- If you have previously registered with Match.com or are a current subscriber to Match.com, you may use your existing username and password to log in to the Match.com Android application. If you are new to Match.com, you will need to register and create a new account. Once your account has been created, just log in via the Match.com Android application. To increase your chances of success on Match.com, remember to upload your pictures and complete your profile using the main Web site.
- How does the photo upload feature work?
- How does the location-search feature work?
- The location-search feature uses the GPS on your Android to determine your location. Your exact position will never be revealed to other Match.com members. The feature uses your location to deliver matches to you that are in your vicinity.
- Is privacy a concern with the location-search feature?
- I have some feedback (or a request for a feature). Who should I contact?
- Please email your questions, feedback or feature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org (no support queries please). Please direct all support queries to our Customer Care.